Demonstration of ReCOVery, an autonomous disinfection robot at the Bagnols-sur-Cèze Hospital
An idea born from the Covid-19 health crisis
During the health crisis at Covid-19, Innowtech and three other CleanTech Booster companies decided to join forces in a collaborative effort to offer an innovative solution to meet the decontamination needs of premises.
It was through an exchange of messages with Janyce Franc, director and co-founder of STERIXENE, that the idea of associating the technological bricks developed by several companies to propose a decontamination robot was born. Thus, Innowtech joined forces with :
– Sirea, expert in industrial automation and energy efficiency ;
– Alfileo, editor and integrator specialized in IoT and vertical Machine-To-Machine solutions.
– Fadilec, specialist in automation and industrial computing.
– Stérixene, expert in non-chemical decontamination by pulsed light.
An innovative solution resulting from a regional collaboration
The first prototype was presented at the hospital of Bagnols-sur-Cèze only 5 weeks after the birth of this idea :
- Innowtech, provided the control and navigation technologies and piloting of the robot, based on a set of 4 holonome wheels. The robot can thus move without constraint through 360° (including laterally along the surfaces to be decontaminated) and will integrate autonomous movement algorithms (mapping and localization).
- Sirea, has dimensioned the batteries and energy systems while minimizing the footprint.
- Stérixene, has supplied two UV LED panels whose initial tests show very promising decontamination results.
- Fadilec, responsible for the assembly and the protective housing, proceeded to the final assembly.
In addition to the UV LED panels, the ReCOVery robot embeds a disinfectant solution nebulizer allowing access to places that may be inaccessible to robots.
Alfileo, intervenes for the next version of the robot, in order to propose ReCOVery data management solutions.
The prototype presented and tested in a hospital room is at scale 1/2, the next version will have a height allowing to decontaminate with maximum efficiency up to 1m20 (height of door handles, switches, etc) while remaining handy to be able to pass under furniture.
You can find the report of the demonstration of ReCOVery at the hospital of Bagnols-Sur-Cèze on our Youtube channel.
An audio description is also available on the replay of France Bleu Gard Lozère.